Masterman Logo

Child Support Attorney in Springfield, VA

Child support refers to money paid toward the financial costs of raising a child following a divorce or separation. The payments must be reviewed by a judge who makes sure that they are in line with any current laws regarding how much should be spent on the children and their needs. Payments are usually used for expenses such as housing, food, clothing, education, and medical care.

Child support is usually for children who are under 18 years of age or still in high school. The support will also continue until the child graduates from high school even though they are over 18 years old, but not attending college full-time. It does not automatically stop when a child turns 18 even if they are no longer living with either parent. If the child has turned 19, graduated from high school, and moved out, they can seek to have her former spouse ordered to pay child support. 

Our child support attorneys offer a service that is often needed by parents who have been separated from their partners. This situation can affect both mothers and fathers but it is usually more common for the father to be the one paying. Our attorneys will provide professional legal advice on all aspects of child support law, including how to calculate child support payments after a divorce or separation. They will also make sure that your rights are protected and advise you on what action you should take based on your specific circumstances. If you require a child support attorney, look no further than Masterman Krogmann.

Contact Us

If you would like to meet with an attorney, please call 703-827-5500 to schedule an appointment.

The information on this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should contact an attorney for advice on your individual situation. Contacting Masterman Krogmann PC, its attorneys, and/or staff through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship.